The YZ450F takes full profit of the advanced concept behind the rear-slanting engine layout and the new snaking exhaust pipe flow from the back of the cylinder head; attributes that distance the YZ-F family from the competition.
This powerplant now boasts a controllable and greater - more usable - character. The larger valves form a part in the revaluated performance while revised fuel and ignition settings and gear ratios mean plenty of easy-to-play-with torque in the first gears with a strong push through the powerband from third gear up. Overhauled intake and exhaust ports, cam profiles and crank ratios makes the YZ450F the most tractable and invigorating ride yet.
To aid further benefits of mass centralisation, a revised 250 class bilateral beam chassis houses the engine, deeper location of the increased capacity fuel tank, central placement of the fuel injection components such as the engine ECU and wire harness. The innovative exhaust curvature extends length and permits an excellent pulse effect and power development.
- YZ450F’s revolutionary rearward-slanted-cylinder design is an innovative approach to achieve unmatched mass centralisation. Concentrating the motorcycle’s heaviest components (engine mass, fuel tank, exhaust system, and airbox) toward the centre of the machine helps achieve superior, nimble handling.
- The new aluminum Bilateral Beam frame offers a superb rigidity balance and, with new settings to already class leading front and rear suspension, provides unmatched lightweight handling and cornering. The steering head pipe is moved 10mm closer to the rider, making for a more compact chassis dimension and placing more weight bias on the front wheel which translates to an even more precise and instinctive handling character.
- The exhaust pipe has an innovative layout, circling the cylinder, giving the exhaust pipe proper length for an excellent exhaust-pulse effect. At the same time, the exhaust pipe has three different diameters throughout the exhaust tract, bringing out excellent power characteristics. This new layout allows the silencer to be positioned 186mm further forward behind the side panel closer to the middle of the bike which centralises the mass for superior handling.
- A new layout for the fuel tank and air cleaner box gives the machine a slimmer feeling between the legs as well as position's the fuel tank mass closer to the centre of the bike which improves handling feel. Furthermore, the air box can now be accessed with quick release fastners for easy serviceability of the large air cleaner element.
- “In-mold graphics” technology is a method in which the graphics are molded into the radiator shrouds for improved decal durability and reduced scratches.
- Optional accessory, GYTR Power Tuner lets bike tuners adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to match engine performance characteristics to the rider and track conditions.
|Engine Type||Liquid cooled 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve|
|Bore x Stroke||97.0 x 60.8 mm|
|Compression Ratio||12.5 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Dry sump|
|Fuel Management||Fuel Injection|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||7.5 L|
|Oil Capacity||0.9 L|
|Transmission||Constant mesh 5-speed|
|Seat Height||965 mm|
|Ground Clearance||335 mm|
|Dry Weight||105 kg|
|Wet Weight||111 kg with 7.5 litres of fuel|
|Frame Type||Bilateral beam frame|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic fork, 310mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm (link suspension), 310mm travel|
|Brakes Front||Hydraulic disc, 250mm|
|Brakes Rear||Hydraulic disc, 245mm|
|Tyres Front||80/100-21 51M|
|Tyres Rear||120/80-19 63M|