What do an army of freestylers, motocross riders, hard-core weekend trailriders and elite level cross-country racers have in common? A passion for the punchy two-stroke power and agility, latest chassis technology and easy-on-the-wallet upkeep of Yamaha’s YZ250.
- 249cc liquid-cooled reed-valve-inducted two-stroke engine is lightweight, compact and features an incredibly wide, hard hitting powerband.
- Smooth-shifting, five-speed, close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch.
- YZ250F-style front-brake caliper and wave type front and rear discs minimise unsprung weight and provide excellent stopping power.
- 48mm forks feature the Speed-Sensitive System that uses piston speed to control damping force for super-precise handling and a smooth ride.
- 38mm Keihin PWK carburettor with power jet and throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures precise fuel/air mixing and extra-crisp throttle response throughout the powerband.
- Patented YPVS power-valve system combines crisp, hard-hitting, bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
- Large-capacity radiator features a ten row core with four louvres for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband.