Life is all about experiences and if you haven’t sampled the lightweight yet hard-hitting package that is YZ125, make sure you jump on board some time.
Sharing a lot of the features from big brother YZ250, the six-speed 125 offers a similar experience in a more compact, lighter package. That means serious YPVS enhanced power combines with an advance suspension package and top line components to offer a thrill ride like no other.
In fact, the YZ125’s awesome power-to-weight ratio is capable of taking your riding to a higher level.
The YZ125 is the perfect choice for riders moving up onto a big wheel, or for riders who just want to experience the scalpel like qualities of motocross at the precision end of the scale.
Enjoy the YZ125 experience now and ascend to a higher level.
- Lightweight aluminium frame and compact 124cc reed-valve-inducted two-stroke, resulting in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- Ready to race out of the crate, complete with a ProTaper aluminium handlebar, titanium footpegs, gripper seat and Excel rims.
- Reed-valve spacer improves acceleration across the entire powerband.
- Patented YPVS power-valve system combines crisp, hard-hitting bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top end.
- 38mm Mikuni TMX carburettor gives excellent throttle response and serious horsepower.
- Six-speed, close-ratio transmission optimises gear ratios for maximum performance.
- Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for faster, stronger response during hard acceleration.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features racespec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
- YZ250F-style front-brake caliper and wave type front and rear discs minimize unsprung weight and provide excellent stopping power.
- Advanced aluminium frame and swingarm give the YZ125 the best handling in the class.
- Speed-Sensitive System 48mm KYB fork damping force is controlled by piston speed and provides a smoother, more precise ride.
- Square-section tubing removable aluminium rear subframe for reduced weight.
- Rear, fully adjustable KYB shock features a super-light titanium shock spring and reducedfriction Kashima coating of internals. 315mm of travel, separate adjusters for high and low speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort all add up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
- Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place for quicker tire changes.
- Premium Dunlop knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
- Special-design “gripper” type seat and fuel tank, forward-canted steering crown and low ProTaper handlebar all help create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
- Wide, cleated, folding titanium footpegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip, and ground clearance.
- Use of light, box-head bolts throughout the chassis eases maintenance while reducing weight for increased performance.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled, 2-stroke, reed-valve|
|Bore x Stroke||54.0 x 54.5 mm|
|Compression Ratio||8.6 ~ 10.7 : 1|
|Fuel Management||TMX 38|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||8 L|
|Oil Capacity||0.7 L|
|Seat Height||973 mm|
|Ground Clearance||363 mm|
|Dry Weight||88 kg|
|Wet Weight||94 kg with 8 litres of fuel|
|Frame Type||Semi double cradle|
|Suspension Front||USD Telescopic fork, 300mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm, 315mm travel|
|Brakes Front||Single disc, 250mm|
|Brakes Rear||Single disc, 245mm|
|Tyres Front||80/100-21 51M|
|Tyres Rear||100/90-19 57M|