A brand new look for a famous old name. When it comes to good honest on/off road capability and good times that last …and last, you can’t beat a Yamaha XT250. The new evolution of Yamaha’s cult classic has been completely updated to reach the highest level ever for this category – all without compromising the simple, rock-solid dependability for which Yamaha XTs are famous.
The new machine is now equipped with fuel injection to feed the 249cc air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve, single-cylinder engine. The engine produces strong torque and sharp response across the entire rpm range – and over 30kms on a litre of fuel*.
Meet the new category king.
- Fuel injected 249cc air-cooled four-stroke for smooth throttle response and easy starting in nearly all conditions. 9.5:1 compression makes for great on- and off-road performance.
- A light-and-strong forged piston inside a plated cylinder helps dissipate heat more efficiently, increasing both performance and durability.
- A semi-double-cradle steel frame achieves a lighter, nimbler feel through greater mass centralisation. Greater lateral and torsional rigidity and reduced weight of the lower frame parts help produce light, stable handling.
- New front suspension features improved damping and rigidity balance for better comfort and feel. Lightweight aluminium under-bracket and meter assembly significantly lighten front end to improve handling.
- The front fork has 226mm of travel to soak up the rough stuff, both on-road and off. An aluminium lower triple clamp keeps the weight down.
- 245mm front disc and 203mm rear disc brakes combine to deliver superb stopping power on both paved and unpaved surfaces.
|Engine Type||249cc air cooled, SOHC, 4-stroke single|
|Bore x Stroke||74.0 x 58.0 mm|
|Compression Ratio||9.5 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Wet sump|
|Fuel Management||Fuel Injection|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||10 L|
|Final Transmission||Chain drive|
|Seat Height||810 mm|
|Ground Clearance||285 mm|
|Dry Weight||125 kg|
|Wet Weight||133 kg with 10 litres of fuel|
|Frame Type||Steel double cradle|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic fork|
|Brakes Front||Single disc|
|Brakes Rear||Single disc|
|Tyres Front||2.75 x 21in|
|Tyres Rear||120/80 x 18in|