One look over the timeless line, one listen to that classic burble and you know it’s the definitive air-cooled muscle bike . The fuel-injected XJR utilises contemporary engine technologies like a supersport derived fuel injection system, forged pistons with carburised rods and electroplated alloy cylinders, for contemporary performance. It’s the same story with the chassis – superbike spec brakes, wheels and tyres meet Öhlins rear suspension for brilliant steering and handling.
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system features optimised size and length pipes to maximise engine performance. It’s one reason the XJR is known for glorious low-rpm torque.
- High-specification Öhlins rear shocks are designed to offer a linear and direct feel, with optimised rebound and compression damping characteristics for superb traction and handling performance.
- The long-range 21-litre fuel tank features a rotary fuel pump. The tank and flush fitting lockable fuel cap mirrors the XJR maxim – neat, simple, strong and stylish.
- DOHC air-cooled powerplant with electroplated alloy cylinders, forged pistons mated to carburised rods and the cleanrunning performance of fuel injection.
- The XJR1300’s 43mm diameter forks are well-known for their plush suspension action and the light handling feel.
|Engine Type||Air-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve, in-line four|
|Bore x Stroke||79.0 x 63.8 mm|
|Lubrication System||Wet sump|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||21 L|
|Final Transmission||Chain drive|
|Seat Height||795 mm|
|Ground Clearance||125 mm|
|Dry Weight||228 kg|
|Wet Weight||245 kg with 21 litres of fuel|
|Frame Type||Steel double cradle|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic fork with 130mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Monocross with 120mm travel|
|Brakes Front||Dual discs|
|Brakes Rear||Single disc|
|Tyres Front||120/70 ZR17 MC (58W)|
|Tyres Rear||180/55 ZR17 MC (73W)|