The latest incarnation of the perennially popular 250cc V-twin is fitted with a flat type handlebar mounted on bar risers to improve the comfort and handling characteristics of the smallest Star cruiser.
Yamaha’s Virago suits a wide range of riders interested in an entry level, learner approved motorcycle that shares custom cred with its bigger V-twin brothers.
All Star cruisers now come with 5 year factory warranty.
- Light weight and low seat height breed confidence in less experienced riders.
- 282mm front disc and sturdy rear drum brake for strong, controllable stopping power.
- With plenty of chrome and attention to detail; this is one sharp little cruiser, dual chrome exhausts look as good as they sound.
- V-twin 249cc air-cooled, 60-degree engine with long, 66mm stroke provides strong bottom-end torque, smooth roll-on power. Reengineered for ethanol based fuels
- Single 26mm Mikuni downdraft carburettor ensures optimal fuel/air mixing and delivery with superb throttle response.
- Wide ratio five-speed transmission makes great use of Virago’s power.
- Easy, dependable electric starting gets every journey off on the right foot.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner virtually eliminates maintenance and helps extend engine life.
- Long, low 1490mm wheelbase for great handling and manoeuvrability.
- Twin rear shocks with 100mm of travel and adjustable spring preload for load variation.
|Engine Type||Air-cooled, SOHC, 60-degree V-twin|
|Bore x Stroke||49.0 x 66.0 mm|
|Lubrication System||Wet sump|
|Fuel Management||26mm Mikuni|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||10 L|
|Final Transmission||Chain drive|
|Seat Height||685 mm|
|Ground Clearance||145 mm|
|Dry Weight||139 kg|
|Wet Weight||147 kg with 10 litres of fuel|
|Frame Type||Steel double cradle|
|Suspension Front||33mm telescopic fork, 140mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Twin shocks, adjustable spring preload, 100mm travel|
|Brakes Front||282mm disc|
|Brakes Rear||130mm drum|
|Tyres Front||3.00-18 47P|