The most powerful V-Star we make - eighty cubic inches of fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, belt-driven Yamaha muscle. The rest of the package is equally serious; a 48% front tyre weighting, and solid engine mounting for direct handling, and a slick topside that includes a flangeless fuel tank and star quality paint and chrome - it’s all about technology and natural aggression.
- 80-cubic-inch liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-twin with dual counter-balancers produces excellent power across the board – and a highly stimulating exhaust note!
- Flangeless-type fuel tank and two-into-one exhaust, for a distinctive V-Star look.
- Four valves per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency while roller rocker arms reduce friction for better performance and reduced wear.
- Forged connecting rods ride a single crankpin for true V-twin sound and power.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission and efficient, low-maintenance belt drive.
- A sly cooling system routes liquid through hidden hoses and internal engine passages Air-cooled looks - liquid-cooled performance.
- Braced steel swingarm and rear wheel are controlled by a single linkage-mounted shock absorber, adjustable for spring preload.
- 41mm fork tubes with stainless covers look great and serve up a smooth, controlled ride.
- A pair of 298mm front brake discs provide excellent power and feel.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve, V-twin|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 x 83.0 mm|
|Compression Ratio||9.5 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Wet sump|
|Fuel Management||Twin barrel EFI|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||19 L|
|Final Transmission||Belt drive|
|Seat Height||690 mm|
|Ground Clearance||145 mm|
|Dry Weight||288 kg|
|Wet Weight||304 kg with 19 litres of fuel|
|Frame Type||Steel double cradle|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic fork with 135mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm with 110mm travel|
|Brakes Front||298mm dual discs|
|Brakes Rear||298mm disc|