What if your sense of fun was like your muscles and your skillset… meaning that if you didn’t exercise regularly, you lost it? Scary thought, but fear not, Yamaha has the cure. We prescribe a daily 230ccs of TT-R – stat.
- Confidence-inspiring handling and a rugged 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke producing predictable, broadband power make the TT-R230 a great choice for beginner and intermediate riders.
- Smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission with heavy-duty clutch geared for maximum versatility and usable power delivery.
- 36mm front fork with 240mm of wheel travel provides plush, confidence inspiring control over rough terrain. 295mm of ground clearance should be enough to deal with almost any trail.
- Lightweight exhaust has a quiet, approved muffler and spark arrestor.
- Front 220mm disc and 130mm rear drum brakes for powerful, confident stops. Full-size 21-inch front and 18-inch rear aluminium wheels keep unsprung weight down, while knobby tires provide motocross-spec grip.
- Electric start makes getting started a complete push button exercise.
- A low seat height atop long-travel suspension and 295mm of ground clearance makes this a very capable trailbike suitable to a wide range of riders.
|Engine Type||Air-cooled, 4-stroke, OHC, 2-valve|
|Bore x Stroke||70.0 x 58.0 mm|
|Compression Ratio||9.5 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Wet sump|
|Fuel Management||Y26P x 1|
|Ignition||DC - CDI|
|Starter System||Electric starter|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||8 L|
|Oil Capacity||1.3 L|
|Transmission||Constant mesh 6-speed|
|Seat Height||870 mm|
|Ground Clearance||295 mm|
|Dry Weight||109 kg|
|Wet Weight||116 kg with 8 litres of fuel|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic fork|
|Brakes Front||Single 220mm disc|
|Tyres Front||80/100-21 NHS|
|Tyres Rear||100/100-18 NHS|