Featuring twin front wheels that automatically lean when cornering, the new Tricity delivers scooter-like agility combined with enhanced confidence and an increased feeling of stability. With a strong focus on riding enjoyment, ease of use and affordability, Yamaha's Tricity is equipped to transform the daily lives of urban commuters throughout Australia.
The Tricity development team has focused on creating a future-proof concept that offers an attractive and realistic alternative for today's urban commuters. The key targets for the Tricity are set as follows:
- Simple, easy and enjoyable to ride
- Light and agile handling
- Increased stability feeling
- Comfortable in different road conditions
- Functional and practical urban commuter
- Unique design with innovative and advanced technology
- Weight and overall dimensions in line with 125 class scooter
Leaning Multi Wheel chassis
- Hidden behind the lightweight front cowl, a lightweight parallelogram link gives the rider the ability to lean the Tricity in much the same way as a conventional two-wheel scooter. The parallelogram link's component parts are connected to the forks and the frame's steering head, and when the Tricity rider enters a turn this system allows the twin front wheels to lean over in parallel. While leaning over, the track – the distance between the twin front wheels - remains almost consistent, and this ensures a natural and intuitive feel during cornering.
Lightweight cast alloy wheels
- For sure-footed roadholding and easy handling over a variety of road surfaces, the Tricity is equipped with twin 14-inch aluminium front wheels that are fitted with 90/80-14 tyres. Featuring three pairs of V-shaped cast spokes, these beautifully styled lightweight wheels complement the dynamic and elegant bodywork to give the Tricity a unique look.
125cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled engine
- Powering the Tricity is a newly developed 125cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke engine that has been designed to produce good acceleration from low speeds, together with smooth higher speed operation. The engine benefits from specially designed intake and exhaust systems that enhance performance in typical urban stop/start situations, making the Tricity a strong performer in congested city streets.
Smart and practical bodywork
- Yamaha’s designers have created a smart body design that accentuates the modern and aesthetic appeal of this New Mobility vehicle. The beautifully styled bodywork is functional as well as fashionable, and Tricity riders can look forward to experiencing a relaxed and comfortable ride on their journey to work. The stepped dual seat features a slip resistant material, and its generous length and substantial cushioning material ensures a comfortable journey for the rider and passenger.
Unified Brake System (UBS)
- The Tricity is equipped with a Unified Brake System (UBS) that is designed to enhance stopping efficiency and deliver smoother chassis characteristics during braking. The system incorporates twin 220m diameter front discs and a 230mm rear disc, and when only the left hand brake lever is applied, the braking force is applied to the rear wheel and also to the front wheels, giving balanced and effective stopping power.
|Engine Type||Single cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valves|
|Bore x Stroke||52.4 x 57.9 mm|
|Compression Ratio||10.9 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Wet sump|
|Fuel Management||Fuel Injection|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||6.6 L|
|Seat Height||780 mm|
|Ground Clearance||120 mm|
|Dry Weight||147 kg|
|Wet Weight||152 kg with 6.6 litres of fuel|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic forks|
|Suspension Rear||Unit swing|
|Brakes Front||Dual discs, 220mm|
|Brakes Rear||Single disc, 230mm|