For 2015 Yamaha has released a new TMAX as well as the special version of this maxi scooter: Iron Max. Building on the enviable reputation of their top-selling predecessors, these latest models share the same advanced engine and chassis specifications with the main differences being stylistic changes.
Every change to the design and specification of this best selling model is made with the tastes and needs of our sophisticated and well informed customers in mind. The latest TMAX features a redesigned front cowl incorporating angular LED dual headlights, a new sports instrumentation in the cockpit featuring smartkey ignition and immobiliser.
Both models are now equipped with ABS braking as standard equipment, while it's sports handling performance is improved with new upside down forks.
The Special Edition Iron Max is equipped with a number of exclusive features that will set it apart from the rest. These include dedicated special edition colour option, gold accents, Iron Max seat, aluminium footplates, unique instrument panel, matt wheels with pinstripes and special edition emblems.
- This TMAX 530 evolution starts with new 4-stroke, DOHC, in-line 2-cylinder, 4-valve, 530cc fuel-injected engine with continuously variable transmission (CVT).
- At the heart of the TMAX 530 is a die-cast aluminium frame, with optimised rigidity balance, that lets riders enjoy the full effect of the 530cc engine and CVT transmission.
- Visually, the new TMAX 530 refines its signature blend of distinctive, streamlined design and functionality. Now the look is sportier, tougher and edgier than any TMAX to date; in short, it’s more TMAX than ever.
- ABS front brakes improve stopping confidence on all surfaces aided by supersport grade discs and calipers.
- For added convenience the TMAX adopts a new Smartkey system. All the time that the rider is carrying the new key fob on their person they will be able to start the scooter simply by pressing the push-button.
- New upside down forks are equipped with strong and light 41mm diameter inner tubes, and as well as ensuring a precise steering feel and excellent high speed handling characteristics, this new front end reduces unsprung weight to give plush and responsive suspension characteristics for a more comfortable ride.
- Special Edition Iron Max features gold-coloured upside down front forks, gold finished brake caliper caps, TMAX Iron Max seat, matt black wheel with grey pinstripes, special metallic accents on inner headlamps, aluminium footplates, instrument panel with special finishing and white backlight, special name emblems on instruments and tail, and dedicated Special Edition colour option.
|Engine Type||Forward-inclined parallel 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valves|
|Bore x Stroke||68.0 x 73.0 mm|
|Compression Ratio||10:9 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Dry Sump|
|Fuel Management||Fuel injection|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||15 L|
|Height||1420 - 1475 mm|
|Seat Height||800 mm|
|Ground Clearance||125 mm|
|Dry Weight||210 kg|
|Wet Weight||222 kg with 15 litres of fuel|
|Frame Type||Aluminium CF die-cast|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic fork with 120mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm with 116mm travel|
|Brakes Front||267mm dual discs with ABS|
|Brakes Rear||282mm single disc with ABS|