Featuring dynamic new bodywork inspired by our high-end sport models, the new NMAX combines edgy styling with strong acceleration together with easy manoeuvrability and remarkable economy.
The NMAX’s 125cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke engine has been designed using our new Blue Core approach towards small engine development. The aim of the company’s Blue Core design philosophy is to create a new generation of compact engines that maintain high levels of riding enjoyment while delivering good fuel economy and enhanced environmental performance.
Equipped with an aerodynamic cowl, distinctive side motifs inspired by TMAX, and short front and rear overhangs, the NMAX’s sporty bodywork brings a fresh look to the urban entry-level 125cc scooter class, and offers a fashionable and convenient new solution to younger commuters.
- The liquid-cooled, 4-stroke SOHC 125cc engine is the first Yamaha scooter engine to feature a 4-valve cylinder head with a newly developed variable valve actuation (VVA) that gives a strong and linear acceleration feeling.
- An important and significant feature on the NMAX is that it is the first scooter in its class to be equipped with ABS as standard, making it an even more attractive proposition - particularly for new riders.
- The compact and easy to read instrument panel features a single pod containing a full LCD readout, with LED backlighting. This modern and minimalist design sits neatly behind the compact screen, and underlines the NMAX’s full contemporary look.
- Beneath the NMAX’s seat is a large helmet storage compartment designed to take one large full-face helmet with space to spare, and the hinged dual seat also benefits from a spring mechanism that keeps the seat open when accessing the load space.
- Featuring an LED headlight, the modern design of the NMAX's front face also shows its sporty side. On low beam, this stylish and powerful LED headlight has a twin eye look, while on high beam a central LED light comes on to give a dynamic triple lamp appearance.
|Engine Type||Single cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valves|
|Bore x Stroke||52.0 x 58.7 mm|
|Compression Ratio||11.2 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Wet sump|
|Fuel Management||Fuel Injection|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||6.6 L|
|Seat Height||765 mm|
|Ground Clearance||135 mm|
|Wet Weight||127 kg with 6.6 litres of fuel|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic forks, 100mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Unit swing with 90mm travel|
|Brakes Front||Hydraulic single disc, Ø 230 mm|
|Brakes Rear||Hydraulic single disc, Ø 230 mm|