Yamaha is pleased to announce the release of the Tracer, a new model designed as the ultimate weekender.
By combining a dry weight of just 190kg with the popular high torque 847cc triple engine of MT-09, Tracer carves its own niche as a practical yet sporty motorcycle equally comfortable two-up touring or solo scratching.
“This bike is ready to take on the higher capacity bikes from the competition,” says Oliver Grill from Yamaha’s Product Planning department. “Its power-to-weight ratio is great and in the mountains you can ride faster than litre-plus bikes from our competitors.”
He continues “The low weight, combined with the powerful, explosive engine and the practicality of the bike gives Tracer a unique place in the market. Dedicated touring bikes are much heavier and more expensive.”
Compact and lightweight liquid-cooled 3-cylinder engine
- The eager 3-cylinder engine character combines low-rpm torque with high-revving horsepower. It is smoother than a twin, while the engine is narrow for a comfortable knee grip.
Yamaha D-MODE: select the soul you want
- To give the MT-09 Tracer rider the bike - and the excitement - he or she needs in different riding situations, this motorcycle is equipped with the Yamaha D-MODE system. The rider has a choice of three different throttle valve control mapping settings, STD Mode, A Mode and B Mode.
Lightweight and compact CF aluminium die-cast frame
- In order to enable the rider to optimise the performance characteristics of the high-torque 3-cylinder engine, the MT-09 Tracer runs with a compact and lightweight aluminium chassis. The space-saving and weight-reducing features employed on the new engine have given our designers great freedom in the design of the frame.
- The dashboard comes from the latest Super Ténéré and includes indications for gear position, outside temperature, fuel level, drive mode settings, traction control settings, accessory grip heater settings, and more.
ABS comes standard
- The MT-09 Tracer is equipped with ABS as standard, and to underline its genuine touring, commuting and long distance potential, this new multi-role triple benefits from a range of exclusive new features, including the use of touring tyres (front: 120/70ZR17; rear: 180/55ZR17), as well as the fitment of a standard main stand.
Long range tank
- The fuel tank has a generous 18 litres capacity, the modern engine has a low fuel consumption good for 300kms between refills.
|Engine Type||3-Cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve|
|Bore x Stroke||78.0 x 59.1 mm|
|Compression Ratio||11.5 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Wet Sump|
|Fuel Management||Fuel Injection|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||18 L|
|Oil Capacity||3.4 L|
|Transmission||Constant Mesh, 6-speed|
|Height||1345 / 1375 mm|
|Seat Height||845 mm|
|Ground Clearance||135 mm|
|Dry Weight||190 kg|
|Wet Weight||210 kg with 18 litres of fuel|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic forks, 137mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm, 130mm travel|
|Brakes Front||Hydraulic dual discs, 298mm|
|Brakes Rear||Hydraulic single disc, 245mm|
|Tyres Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W)|
|Tyres Rear||180/55ZR17M/C (73W)|