The Grizzly 450 has been a popular choice of professional and recreational riders since its introduction in 2005. It combines the versatility, durability and pulling power of a utility ATV with the handling and comfort that trail riding demands.
Engineered, tested and built tough, the new lighter one-piece frame joins a redesigned wet brake system, higher AC generator output and a more durable rear gear assembly. These changes result in an overall weight reduction of over 10kg and improved operation for a more comfortable and agile riding experience.
The Grizzly 450 also retains the renowned features that set its predecessors apart from the competition. Like Yamaha’s push-button On-Command® drive system, which ensures solid driveability over varied terrain by allowing riders to rapidly switch between 2WD, 4WD or 4WD with differential lock. And, fully independent double-wishbone suspension at front and rear that maximises wheel contact over ruts and bumps to allow more traction and a smoother ride.
- 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single is rugged and powerful.
- Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni® carburettor and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver fantastic throttle response and engine performance at all rpm.
- Push button electric starting
- New Grizzly 700-inspired front-end styling boasts convenient waterproof storage compartment on the front fender.
- Light steering and a class-leading turning radius combine for increased comfort and incredible maneuverability - even in 4WD.
- Large-capacity aluminium radiator provides maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in frame for optimal protection.
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
|Engine Type||Single cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve|
|Bore x Stroke||84.5 x 75.0 mm|
|Lubrication System||Wet sump|
|Fuel Management||Carburettor BSR33/1|
|Ignition||DC - CDI|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||15 L|
|Oil Capacity||2.6 L|
|Final Transmission||Shaft drive|
|Transmission||Ultramatic® V-belt with all engine braking, H/L/N/R/P|
|4x4 System||On-Command® 2WD/4WD, diff-lock|
|Seat Height||840 mm|
|Ground Clearance||275 mm|
|Dry Weight||269 kg|
|Wet Weight||281 kg with 15 litres of fuel|
|Suspension Front||Independent double wishbone, 5 position preload adjustment, 160mm stroke|
|Suspension Rear||Independent double wishbone, 5 position preload adjustment, 180mm stroke|
|Brakes Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Brakes Rear||Sealed oil-bathed multi disc|
|Tyres Front||AT 25 x 8-12|
|Tyres Rear||AT 25 x 10-12|