The Grizzly 450 has been a popular choice of professional and recreational riders since its introduction in 2005. It combines the versatility, durability and pulling power of a utility ATV with the handling and comfort that trail riding demands.
This year’s model retains the renowned features that set its predecessors apart from the competition. Like Yamaha’s push-button On-Command® drive system, which ensures solid driveability over varied terrain by allowing riders to rapidly switch between 2WD, 4WD or 4WD with differential lock. And, fully independent double-wishbone suspension at front and rear that maximises wheel contact over ruts and bumps to allow more traction and a smoother ride.
Yamaha’s EPS system has now been brought to the mid-sized ATV segment for the first time in response to feedback from Yamaha customers. This speed-sensitive system greatly reduces the physical effort demanded of riders, lowering fatigue levels on long working days or expeditions. In addition to easing the steering effort, the EPS system dampens any steering kickback. The Grizzly 450 EPS uses the same system as the Grizzly 700 EPS, but with a new mapping to suit the unique riding characteristics of the Grizzly 450. The new AC generator assembly delivers sufficient output to power the EPS system under any conditions.
- 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single is rugged and powerful.
- Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni® carburettor and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver fantastic throttle response and engine performance at all rpm.
- Push button electric starting
- New Grizzly 700-inspired front-end styling boasts convenient waterproof storage compartment on the front fender.
- Electric Power Steering system lightens steering for superior comfort and terrain ability.
- Large-capacity aluminium radiator provides maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in frame for optimal protection.
|Engine Type||Single cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve|
|Bore x Stroke||84.5 x 75.0 mm|
|Compression Ratio||10.0 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Wet sump|
|Fuel Management||Carburettor BSR33/1|
|Ignition||DC - CDI|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||15 L|
|Oil Capacity||2.6 L|
|Final Transmission||Shaft drive|
|Transmission||Ultramatic® V-belt with all wheel engine braking, H/L/N/R/P|
|4x4 System||On-Command® 2WD/4WD, diff-lock|
|Seat Height||840 mm|
|Ground Clearance||275 mm|
|Dry Weight||275 kg|
|Wet Weight||287 kg with 15 litres of fuel|
|Suspension Front||Independent double wishbone, 5 position preload adjustment, 160 mm stroke|
|Suspension Rear||Independent double wishbone, 5 position preload adjustment, 180 mm stroke|
|Brakes Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Brakes Rear||Sealed oil-bathed multi disc|
|Tyres Front||AT 25 x 8-12|
|Tyres Rear||AT 25 x 10-12|