This 600 is one of the coolest and most desirable models in the important LAM category, and is powered by an inline 4-cylinder engine that is tuned to deliver responsive low to mid-range torque for fun, easy riding. With its strong flow of smooth handling power, this cool 600 is a genuine all rounder, designed to make the rider feel equally at home in town, on twisty back roads and on the highway.
The lightweight, slim and compact new chassis features a low seat height, making the FZ6R an ideal machine for both new and experienced riders of all ages who want a stylish middleweight that can handle just about any situation.
Designed to offer high levels of response, the easily controlled FZ6R is a bike that everyone will want to ride. And the contemporary design of the new chassis and bodywork underlines its position as a capable and attractive package.
The FZ6R combines a compact, rider-friendly chassis design and agile handling to ensure that this new 600 offers a truly special ride quality. Because of a high level of riding enjoyment and outstanding overall performance, the new FZ6R looks set to establish itself as a real favourite with a wide range of new owners.
- A 600cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke in-line 4-cylinder engine was developed with linear performance to power the nimble handling machine. The engine has a bore x stroke of 65.5 x 44.5mm and a high compression ratio of 12.2: 1.
- The cylinder head exhibits good gas flow during low valve lift by using a slim port shape while a throttle body diameter of 32mm has been adopted in order to optimise the intake flow volume.
- Lightweight forged aluminum pistons are adopted. Because the aluminium alloy is heated and formed under pressure without having to melt it completely as in casting, the strength of the original metallurgic matrix of the aluminium is maintained. As a result, a forged piston is stronger than a cast one and can thus be lighter, which contributes to a reduction in vibration.
- Mapping has been optimised in accordance with the new engine specifications, with a focus on ease of handling in the ranges where the engine is operated. The injectors are four-hole two-direction high dynamic range type, and superior injection control is achieved with a compact 32-bit ECU.
- The exhaust pipes converge in a midship muffler. A three-way catalytic converter has been adopted for the compact midship muffler, which is located in the lower portion in the centre of the chassis. Signals from an O2 sensor that detects the residual oxygen concentration in the exhaust gas is fed back to the ECU in order to provide optimum fuel supply and in turn enable the catalytic converter to function effectively.
- In order to enhance the smoothness of the ride and comfort, the dimensions around the front of the bike have been optimised. The FZ6R has a caster angle of 26° and trail of 103.5mm, contributing to the sweet feeling the rider gets when steering the bike.
- Newly designed cast wheels have been adopted where the balance of specific strength and rigidity have been optimised. While they centralise the mass by means of a lightweight design, they also optimise the gyro moment around the front of the bike, and contribute to agile handling.
- FZ6R body styling is an expression of the design goal of creating a leisure sports model with brisk performance and easy handling. There were three key phrases that were kept in mind in creating the styling and sculptured design. These were responsiveness, every day usability and timeless value.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, forward-inclined parallel 4-cylinder, 4-valve, DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||65.5 x 44.5 mm|
|Lubrication System||Wet Sump|
|Fuel Management||Fuel Injection|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||17 L|
|Oil Capacity||3.4 L|
|Transmission||Constant Mesh, 6-speed|
|Seat Height||785 mm|
|Ground Clearance||140 mm|
|Dry Weight||198 kg|
|Wet Weight||212 kg with 17 litres of fuel|
|Frame Type||Steel diamond-shaped|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic fork, 130mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm (monocross), 130mm travel|
|Brakes Front||Dual discs, Ø 298 mm|
|Brakes Rear||Single disc, Ø 245 mm|
|Tyres Front||120/70 ZR17M/C (58W) (tube less)|
|Tyres Rear||160/60 ZR17M/C (69W) (tube less)|