The FJR1300 - a machine that can justifiably claim to have been responsible for the growth and development of the sport tourer category in the past decade, now offers riders an even greater overall motorcycling package as well as a superior ride quality thanks to Yamaha’s advanced electronically-adjustable suspension system.
The new-generation FJR1300AE model is designed to give today's sport touring riders a sharper style, higher levels of engine and chassis control, and significantly improved functionality with enhanced riding pleasure.
The electronically-adjustable suspension system is designed to enable riders to vary the suspension’s performance to suit both the road’s surface and the load carrying requirements. With a choice of four main settings, the rider can be confident that no matter what the conditions, the Yamaha FJR1300AE will deliver the best possible set-up and ride quality.
Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T)
- This system functions by monitoring the rider's throttle actions, which are then fed into the ECU. The high processing speeds of the ECU calculates the optimum degree of throttle valve opening to suit the prevailing conditions, and the servomotor-driven activator adjusts the throttle valve, ensuring that it delivers the right volume of air required to achieve the most desirable power characteristics.
Electronically adjustable suspension
- By simply selecting an option via the easily located handlebar-mounted switch, the rider can select ‘One-Up’, ‘One-Up with Luggage’, ‘Two-Up’ or ‘Two-Up with Luggage’ suspension settings. The choice is then confirmed by a clear indication on the instrument panel. In addition to these four main settings, the system also offers the rider a choice of ‘Soft’, ‘Standard’ or ‘Hard’ damping for each setting, giving a total of 12 pre-defined suspension set-up options.
New Traction Control System (TCS)
- A significant change to the FJR is the addition of a new Traction Control System (TCS) which is sure to be welcomed, especially by those riders who use their bike all-year round, and in all weather conditions. This electronic system uses sensors to detect any rear wheel spin, and as soon as the rear tyre loses traction the TCS instantaneously adjusts the bike's ignition timing, as well as the fuel injection volume and throttle opening to momentarily cut drive, and ensure that traction is maintained.
Cruise control system
- The FJR model benefits from a new easy-to-operate cruise control system, which has been designed to make long-distance touring more relaxing and enjoyable. The new system functions in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears between 50 km/h and 180 km/h, and is operated by two switches located on the left handlebar assembly.
- The system changes the character of the engine performance by adjusting the throttle valve in the Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T). Yamaha D-MODE offers the rider a choice of two running modes, identified as 'T' mode and 'S' mode, which are operated by a push switch on the right handlebar.
Redesigned windscreen, front cowl and central air duct
- Major changes have been made to the electrically-operated windscreen. Its shape has been changed to give smoother airflow, and the centre air duct has been redesigned at both the intake and exit mouths. The reshaped ducts reduce the air pressure and turbulence felt by the rider's upper body, giving a much more relaxed and pleasant ride, particularly at higher speeds.
Sharp new dual-headlight design with LED position lights
- These latest angular dual headlights gives a stronger and more dynamic looking 'face', also they are equipped with a total of six LED bulbs along the low edge to give a distinctive 'eyeline' which serves to give strength and movement to the FJR's front end.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, forward-inclined parallel 4-cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||79.0 mm x 66.2 mm mm|
|Compression Ratio||10.8 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Wet sump|
|Fuel Management||Fuel Injection|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||25 L|
|Transmission||Constant Mesh, 5-speed|
|Height||1325 / 1455 mm|
|Seat Height||805 mm|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm|
|Dry Weight||272 kg|
|Wet Weight||292 kg with 25 litres of fuel|
|Frame Type||Aluminium, Diamond Shaped|
|Suspension Front||Upside-down telescopic forks, 135mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Linked monoshock with spring preload adjustment, 125mm travel|
|Brakes Front||Hydraulic dual disc, 320 mm|
|Brakes Rear||Hydraulic single disc, 282 mm|
|Tyres Front||120/70 ZR17M/C (58W)|
|Tyres Rear||180/55 ZR17M/C (73W)|