The new FJR1300A - a machine that can justifiably claim to have been responsible for the growth and development of the sport tourer category in the past decade.
By offering class-leading engine and chassis performance combined with high levels of comfort and genuine long-distance capability, the FJR1300A has built up a committed following among motorcyclists.
The new-generation FJR1300A model is designed to give today's sport touring riders a sharper style, higher levels of engine and chassis control, and significantly improved functionality with enhanced riding pleasure.
Featuring fresh and aggressive new bodywork, as well as an uprated engine benefiting from the Yamaha’s latest electronic control technology, and a refined sports chassis, the latest FJR1300A brings higher levels of quality, performance and satisfaction to the discerning customer.
Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T)
- This system functions by monitoring the rider's throttle actions, which are then fed into the ECU. The high processing speeds of the ECU calculates the optimum degree of throttle valve opening to suit the prevailing conditions, and the servomotor-driven activator adjusts the throttle valve, ensuring that it delivers the right volume of air required to achieve the most desirable power characteristics.
New Traction Control System (TCS)
- A significant change to the FJR is the addition of a new Traction Control System (TCS) which is sure to be welcomed, especially by those riders who use their bike all-year round, and in all weather conditions. This electronic system uses sensors to detect any rear wheel spin, and as soon as the rear tyre loses traction the TCS instantaneously adjusts the bike's ignition timing, as well as the fuel injection volume and throttle opening to momentarily cut drive, and ensure that traction is maintained.
Cruise control system
- The FJR model benefits from a new easy-to-operate cruise control system, which has been designed to make long-distance touring more relaxing and enjoyable. The new system functions in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears between 50 km/h and 180 km/h, and is operated by two switches located on the left handlebar assembly.
- The system changes the character of the engine performance by adjusting the throttle valve in the Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T). Yamaha D-MODE offers the rider a choice of two running modes, identified as 'T' mode and 'S' mode, which are operated by a push switch on the right handlebar.
Redesigned windscreen, front cowl and central air duct
- Major changes have been made to the electrically-operated windscreen. Its shape has been changed to give smoother airflow, and the centre air duct has been redesigned at both the intake and exit mouths. The reshaped ducts reduce the air pressure and turbulence felt by the rider's upper body, giving a much more relaxed and pleasant ride, particularly at higher speeds.
Sharp new dual-headlight design with LED position lights
- These latest angular dual headlights gives a stronger and more dynamic looking 'face', also they are equipped with a total of six LED bulbs along the low edge to give a distinctive 'eyeline' which serves to give strength and movement to the FJR's front end.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, forward-inclined parallel 4-cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||79.0 mm x 66.2 mm mm|
|Compression Ratio||10.8 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Wet sump|
|Fuel Management||Fuel Injection|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||25 L|
|Transmission||Constant Mesh, 5-speed|
|Height||1325 / 1455 mm|
|Seat Height||805 mm|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm|
|Dry Weight||269 kg|
|Wet Weight||289 kg with 25 litres of fuel|
|Frame Type||Aluminium, Diamond Shaped|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic forks|
|Suspension Rear||Linked monoshock with spring preload adjustment|
|Brakes Front||Hydraulic dual disc, 320 mm|
|Brakes Rear||Hydraulic single disc, 282 mm|
|Tyres Front||120/70 ZR17M/C (58W)|
|Tyres Rear||180/55 ZR17M/C (73W)|