Powered by a fuel-efficient 114cc air cooled 4-stroke engine housed in a compact chassis, the new Yamaha D’elight combines style with economy, and quality with performance, making it a very attractive and enjoyable alternative to the car, public transport and other value-for-money scooters.
The D’elight's low weight of 98 kg, together with its 50cc-class dimensions make riding, turning and parking so much easier. And for even easier low-speed riding and enhanced manoeuvrability, the D’elight is also equipped with a remarkably low seat height of just 755mm, which is one of the lowest in the category.
This new scooter is one of the lightest and most compact models in the category, and its low weight and agile, user-friendly handling characteristics make the D’elight ideally suited to urban commuting.
- At the heart of this attractive new lightweight scooter is a quiet and economical 114cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine which benefits from YMJET-FI (Yamaha Mixture Jet-Fuel Injection) technology.
- The elegant bodywork succeeds in seamlessly blending the old with the new to give the D’elight a fresh and distinctive image.
- Classic white-faced retro-style analogue instrumentation dash have a thoroughly ‘60s feel.
- For added convenience the D’elight comes equipped with a small open glove box in the knee panel area, as well as a helmet hook and flip-out passenger footrests.
- The underseat storage is designed to accommodate a demi-jet type helmet.
|Engine Type||Single cylinder, 4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valves|
|Bore x Stroke||50.0 x 57.9 mm|
|Compression Ratio||9.3 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Wet sump|
|Fuel Management||Fuel Injection|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||4.4 L|
|Seat Height||755 mm|
|Ground Clearance||115 mm|
|Wet Weight||98 kg with 4.4 litres of fuel|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic fork, 85mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Unit swing with 70mm travel|
|Brakes Front||Hydraulic single disc, Ø 180 mm|
|Brakes Rear||Drum, Ø 130 mm|