Bolt is everything you need and nothing you don't. Old school meets new tech to create best in class performance. Less has never meant more.
Powered by a 942cc air-cooled V-twin engine housed in a steel double cradle frame, these new additions to Yamaha's lineup are individual in their raw looks with a casual and laidback attitude. Perfect for unwinding after a hard day’s work, the Bolt will return riders to the roots of motorcycling as they re-discover the joy of riding a unique looking custom bike with the pulse and feeling that only an air-cooled V-twin can provide.
Compact and stylish with a low seat height, the Bolt delivers both a refined and agile ride, while retaining the timeless character and soul that is a critical part of owning such an individual machine. Yamaha’s unique flat line style and use of exposed metal components accentuates the bike’s pure simplicity while the V-twin motor provides both spirited performance and unquestioned reliability. Stripped back and stylish, the Bolt provides a perfect entry into the world of customisation.
The Bolt is available in standard guise in Pearl White or Raven, while the Bolt R-Spec available in Matt Grey or Camo Green injects a further element of sporting ability with twin ‘piggy back’ shock absorbers, a buckskin-look seat cover and the use of a painted stripe along the fuel tank.
To start enthusiasts on the customisation path, the Bolt is also be offered in two pre-customised models. The "Hell for Leather" model will include brass accents, mesh air cleaner, spring saddle, leather bags and rack, while the "Paint it Black" variant comes with a mean midnight cowl, mesh air cleaner and trick black engine covers.
- The 60º V-twin 942cc air-cooled engine, along with a pent-roof shaped combustion chamber and 9.0:1 compression ratio produces excellent power and superior low-end torque.
- The minimalist-style 2-into-1 exhaust pipe layout contributes to a lively performance and styling of the machine while delivering a throaty and pleasing exhaust note.
- The beefy front 41mm fork tubes offer excellent suspension performance and the twin rear shocks, which include piggyback style gas chambers on the R-Spec model, have been tuned to provide great comfort and handling while contributing to the machine’s low profile.
- The 298mm front disc brake and 298mm rear disc brake both use wave rotors, the style usually found on sport bikes. The front brake uses a floating-mount for great heat-distortion resistance, contributing to excellent braking performance.
- A round, smoked-lens LCD digital speedometer adds to the modern take on the traditional bobber style.
- LED rear taillight looks cool and adds to the modern bobber appeal.
- The low-set seat is a mere 690mm off the pavement, so most riders can easily put both feet firmly on the ground at a stop, as well as enjoy the great riding position the seat provides.
|Engine Type||Air cooled 4-stroke, SOHC, 4 valve|
|Bore x Stroke||85.0 x 83.0 mm|
|Compression Ratio||9.0 : 1|
|Lubrication System||Wet Sump|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||12.2 L|
|Transmission||Constant mesh 5-speed|
|Seat Height||690 mm|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm|
|Dry Weight||237 kg|
|Wet Weight||247 kg with 12.2 litres of fuel|
|Frame Type||Double Cradle|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic fork, 120mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm, link-type, 70mm travel|
|Brakes Front||298mm hyraulic disc|
|Brakes Rear||298mm hyraulic disc|
|Tyres Front||100/90-19M/C 57H|
|Tyres Rear||150/80B16M/C 71H|