Fox Racing continues to improve the V4 Race helmet and this year it is the addition of MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) that really helps it jump up a notch. Simple, innovative and not affecting the weight or fit, the system works to help reduce the chance of injury from rotational impacts. The light carbon fiber shell and effective venting return this year largely unchanged and this is something not to stress about. Both are already very dialed in. Add in the typical cutting edge style of Fox and its easy to see why Roczen, Dungey and Reed wear the V4.
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) imitates the brains protective fluid. The secret behind MIPS unique patent comes from the human brain. The brain is surrounded by a low-friction cushion of cerebrospinal fluid. MIPS gives the helmet its own low-friction layer between the EPS and comfort liner, to absorb much of the energy created by an angled blow to the head. The combination of the brains own protection and MIPS ensures maximum protection simple and effective.
- MIPS (Muti-Directional Impact Protection Systems)
- Shell - Carbon fiber shell construction
- Fit - 4 shell and EPS sizes for a precise fit
- Protection - Dual density EPS liner
- Comfort - Dri Lex® comfort liner
- Venting - 15 intake and 8 exhaust vents for unmatched airflow
- Certification - Exceeds ECE 22.05 and DOT certifications